Map Branch properties can be formatted and user-defined to suit individual needs and to add colour and various properties to any/all branches. This provides visual enhancement, highlights areas of importance and enhances learning experiences, among other benefits. These properties include:
- Font properties
- Branch Shapes
- Fill colour
- Branch Connectors
- Auto Colour
- Branch Spacing
- Copying and Pasting Branch Styles
Where Can I Find the Branch Format Functions?
The formatting functions are located on the Format ribbon.
(Multi-select should be used to change the properties within multiple branches)
(From the Branch Shape tab of the Branch Appearance dialog you can change: Branch Shape; Line Style; Line Width; Fill Colour and Boundary Colour).
The spacing MindGenius places between child branches and their parent and between sibling branches can be adjusted. The horizontal or vertical space between branches can be increased or decreased.
To adjust Branch spacing:
- Ctrl+Shift + Up Arrow will increase vertical spacing
- Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow will decrease vertical spacing
- Ctrl+Shift+Left Arrow will decrease horizontal spacing
- Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow will increase horizontal spacing